We may collect and receive information about users of our Services ("users," "you," or "your") from various sources, including: (i) information you provide through your user account on the Services (your "Account") if you register for the Services; (ii) your use of the Services; and (iii) from third-party websites, services, and partners.
Like most website, we collect non-personally-identifying information such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request. The purpose of collecting this information is to better understand how visitors are using out website and improving it.
We collect usage information such as pages you visit and interactions you have with our service and website. We use this information mainly to improve our service. We also process this information as aggregated statistics which we may display publicly or provide to others, but only as aggregated statistics and never with any personally-identifying-information.
Some people choose to interact with us or become our members and use our services. For those people we collect more information, depending on the nature of the interaction.
For example, if you choose to contact us through the contact form or through the live chat in our website, we ask you to leave your name and email so we can get back to you.
If you choose to become our member and use Form-Data's services, we ask you to leave more information such as your name and email. If you choose to use one of our paid plans we also ask you to leave your personal and financial information that is required to process payment transactions.
In any case, we collects such information only so far as is necessary or appropriate to fulfill the purpose of your interaction with us. You can always refuse to supply personally-identifying information, with the caveat that it may prevent you from engaging in certain ways with us.
In addition to all of the above, we also collect potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses from all website visitors. We may use this information to understand the countries from which people are visiting our web site, and to scan and filter-out bots that are visiting us.
How and Why We Use Information
We use information about you as mentioned above and for the purposes listed below:
- To provide our Services–for example, to set up and maintain your account, maintain the services that we provide, charge you for any of our paid Services, etc.
- To further develop and improve our Services. For example by adding new features that we think our users will enjoy or will help them manage their data more efficiently;
- To monitor and analyze trends and better understand how users interact with our Services, which helps us improve our Services and make them easier to use;
- To measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition--for example, we may analyze how many individuals purchased a paid plan after receiving a marketing message or the features used by those who continue to use our Services after a certain length of time;
- To monitor and prevent any problems with our Services, protect the security of our Services, detect and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities, fight spam, and protect the rights and property of Form-Data and others, which may result in us declining a transaction or the use of our Services;
- To communicate with you, for example through an email, about offers and promotions offered by us and others we think will be of interest to you, solicit your feedback, or keep you up to date on Form-Data and our products (which you can unsubscribe from at any time); and
- To personalize your experience using our Services, target our marketing messages to groups of our users (for example, those who have a particular plan with us or have been our user for a certain length of time), and serve relevant advertisements.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
How We Share Information
We do not sell our users’ private personal information. We share information about you in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
- Subsidiaries, Employees, and Independent Contractors: We may disclose information about you to our subsidiaries, our employees, and individuals who are our independent contractors that need to know the information in order to help us provide our Services or to process the information on our behalf.
- Third Party Vendors: We may share information about you with third party vendors who need to know information about you in order to provide their services to us, or to provide their services to you. This group includes vendors that help us provide our Services to you (like payment providers that process your credit and debit card information, fraud prevention services that allow us to analyze fraudulent payment transactions, postal and email delivery services that help us stay in touch with you, customer chat and email support services that help us communicate with you), those that assist us with our marketing efforts (e.g. by providing tools for identifying a specific marketing target group or improving our marketing campaigns), those that help us understand and enhance our Services (like analytics providers), and companies that make products available on our website and service, who may need information about you in order to, for example, provide technical or other support services to you.
- Legal and Regulatory Requirements: We may disclose information about you in response to a subpoena, court order, or other governmental request.
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose information about you when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Form-Data, third parties, or the public at large.
- With Your Consent: We may share and disclose information with your consent or at your direction. For example, we may share your information with third parties with which you authorize us to do so, such as the social media services that you connect to your site through our Publicize feature.
- Aggregated or De-Identified Information: We may share information that has been aggregated or reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify you. For instance, we may publish aggregate statistics about the use of our Services and we may share a hashed version of your email address to facilitate customized ad campaigns on other platforms.
- Published Support Requests: And if you send us a request (for example, via a support email or one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish that request in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
If you are located in certain countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data; and
- Request portability of your personal data.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer, but if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights, scroll down to How to Reach Us to, well, find out how to reach us.
How to Reach Us
Visitors to Our Users’ Websites